Monday, October 22, 2012

Dirty Little Secret(s) Part I

BEHOLD, my fellow graphic designers or those students who are currently studying visual communication. I want to share some short cuts and good tips for you :)

For those who are still in college/ uni, if you are thinking that you are going through hell, well let's say that loe cuma baru aja sampe  di depan gerbangnya neraka. hahahahahahaha *keselek*. Cause once you have start working as a professional GD, things are getting worse than when you were still in school.

You are going to face the real clients, real projects, and of course you have bigger responsibility because people pay you for your artwork. Doesn't it sounds scary? well, it is. BUT, if you prepared yourself, you shouldn't be afraid of anything, because everything needs a process. Apalagi dunia design itu, learning by doing.

My tips on getting a job:

1. PREPARE AN AWESOME PORTFOLIO.

You will need an awesome portfolio to amaze your future employer. Ga usah masukin banyak2 project, karena pas interview pun they barely have time to check all your artworks. Cukup masukin project2 yang menurut loe bagus dan misalkan yang udah di publish beneran (kalo ada). 10-15 projects juga udh oke.

2. SEND YOUR CV AND PORTFOLIO TO LOTS OF DIFFERENT AGENCIES

Be confident. :) Put aside the negative thinking like : "Hell no, I will not get this job." JUST TRY. You have nothing to lose. I sent my application to be an Art Director when I was still 19 years old and viola, I got it. I never thought they want to hire me but hey, you will never know if you don't try, rite? :))

3. WHEN THEY CALL YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW...

Congrats! hahaha means your portfolio berhasil bikin mereka tertarik B) You may want to design and print your own name card! Print out your portfolio and CV, gave them a copy of your CV would be nice. Give them a QUICK review of your portfolio, always smile, and relax! It is okay for you to ask them if you don't understand about the regulations.

---------------------------------------------------------------

GOODLUCK YAH JOB HUNTINGNYAHHH. I hope my tips will help you :)
Note that these tips are based on my personal experiences.
I will share my other dirtier little secrets for my fellow graphic designers, SOON.
STAY TUNE FOR THE DIRTY LITTLE SECRET(S) PART II !!!! :D


My Portfolio VolumeIII's cover
Divider Design
Project preview's Design.



Love,

DW

No comments:

Post a Comment